The Military and First Responders National Championships will include the following race options for qualifying participants:
- Sprint Distance Triathlon: (500-meter swim, 11.6-mile bike, 3.1-mile run)
- Olympic Distance Triathlon: (1,500-meter swim, 23.2-mile bike, 6.2-mile run)
- Sprint Distance Duathlon: (1.55-mile run, 11.6-mile bike, 3.1-mile run)
- Olympic Distance Duathlon: (3.1-mile run, 23.2-mile bike, 6.2-mile run)
In both triathlon distances, the following categories will honor the top-3 female and male finishers:
- Overall Military – Active Duty
- Overall Military – Retired/Veteran
- Overall First Responder — Police/Law Enforcement
- Overall First Responder — Fire/EMS
The sprint-distance triathlon will also feature top-3 female and male finisher awards for Paratriathlon Military and Paratriathlon First Responders:
- Visually Impaired
In both duathlon distances, the following categories will honor the top female and male finishers:
- Overall Military
- Overall First Responder
- Overall Paratriathlon
Race qualification is not required for championship entry, although participants must be affiliated with past or present military or first responder service. Proof of status must be declared during registration and presented at Packet Pick Up.
All participants in the Military and First Responders National Championship will start in their typical age group or paratriathlon wave, and remain eligible for their respective age group awards for the purposes of rankings and other championship qualification. This is mandatory for all USAT National Championships.
Limited Race Capacity
While Leon’s Triathlon currently plans to restrict participant capacity for safety purposes, limited race entries will be set aside for qualifying Military and First Responders. Should race registration be closed, please contact email@example.com for assistance.