- Are Triathlon Wetsuits Worth The Price?Our race is wetsuit legal, meaning that as long as water temps are not too high on race day, competitors can wear a wetsuit...
- Periodization For Triathletes“Periodization” is a term used by tri-athletes which means...
Triathlon Fitness Demo Day
We are excited to announce “Fitness Demo Day”, an interactive race expo designed to allow athletes, friends and all those attending Leon’s World’s Fastest Triathlon, the opportunity to test drive and learn about the latest and greatest equipment from the leading companies in triathlon.
Date: Saturday, June 6th, 2015
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm (Same time and day as packet-pickup)
Place: Wolf Lake Park - 2398 Calumet Avenue - Hammond, Indiana 46320
fitness demo day equipment drive
Date: Saturday, June 6th, 2015 and Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Help Tri-Masters Sports Initiative Programs continue the effort of training youth in the sport of Triathlon. More information on Equipment Drive
- When you pick up your race packet, stay and join us for vendors, music, beverages and food.
- Athletes will have the chance to try on the newest wetsuits and speed suits.
- If you already swim like a fish and don’t need a speed suit, then Demo Day offers the chance to see and test the newest bikes, pedals and helmets.
- See what the pros are riding and take a bike for a spin to see what the latest technology feels like.
- Then, transition from your ride and try on the newest footwear.
- Alongside a testing opportunity, Demo Day provides a variety of educational opportunities and fun. In the midst of your swims, bikes and runs, catch what the pros have to say about their training, nutrition and gear.
Sponsors who would like to join us on Demo Day can email us here.
wolf lake park amenities
Pavilion at Wolf Lake Memorial Park
With architecture inspired by the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Pavilion captures the spirit of the summer with headlining musical performances, soothing lake breezes and panoramic views of Wolf Lake.
Boating on Wolf Lake
Fishing and small-craft sailing are ways to spend an enjoyable day on Wolf Lake. There is a 10hp limit on gas motors. Launch and parking rates can be found here.
With the natural beauty of George Lake as a centerpiece and a view of the Chicago Skyline on the horizon, Lost Marsh Golf Course is a world-class, award-winning haven. Embrace the challenge of the Campionship Course, practice on the 9-hole executive course, or brush up skills on the driving range.
Forsythe Park is home to picnics, Little League, fishing, and relaxing lakefront scenery. Settled on Wolf Lake, and linked to nearby amenities by way of a pedestrian trail, Forsythe Park is open from dawn to dusk daily, with extended summer hours for Little League games.